Absolutely wonderful! Didn't feel like there was any…

Break-in Period: None!

Absolutely wonderful! Didn't feel like there was any break in period at all. So comfortable I don't even want to take them off after a day's hike. I've put 70 miles on them in the last six weeks and they've been great.

Not broken in yet, but searched all over for a light…

Not broken in yet, but searched all over for a light hiker with wide toe box. I have the Merrel Mesa Ventilator Mid which is a great summer hiker for me. Looking for something for colder weather and waterproof I looked at Vasque Breeze, Merrel waterproof forgot the name, and The Keens, among others I can't remember.

With my heaviest hiking socks, the Keens were the best fit for me. I totally agree with all other comments on the sizing. I take a size 7 shoe. I ended up with an 8 in the Keen. I brought home a 7.5 and after a while my big toe was hitting surprisingly (usually it's the crunched pinkie toes) so I got the 8's. Lightweight, super comfie, cushy, pretty good looking, waterproof, breathable. Ankle support seems a little light though.

So far I love em, but haven't tortured them yet. I reco them worth a look if you need a wide toe box - one of the few styles available for that. Got mine at REI.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Targhee Mid versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the Targhee Mid. Read all reviews »