Absolutely wonderful! Didn't feel like there was any…

Break-in Period: None!

Absolutely wonderful! Didn't feel like there was any break in period at all. So comfortable I don't even want to take them off after a day's hike. I've put 70 miles on them in the last six weeks and they've been great.

Not broken in yet, but searched all over for a light…

Not broken in yet, but searched all over for a light hiker with wide toe box. I have the Merrel Mesa Ventilator Mid which is a great summer hiker for me. Looking for something for colder weather and waterproof I looked at Vasque Breeze, Merrel waterproof forgot the name, and The Keens, among others I can't remember.

With my heaviest hiking socks, the Keens were the best fit for me. I totally agree with all other comments on the sizing. I take a size 7 shoe. I ended up with an 8 in the Keen. I brought home a 7.5 and after a while my big toe was hitting surprisingly (usually it's the crunched pinkie toes) so I got the 8's. Lightweight, super comfie, cushy, pretty good looking, waterproof, breathable. Ankle support seems a little light though.

So far I love em, but haven't tortured them yet. I reco them worth a look if you need a wide toe box - one of the few styles available for that. Got mine at REI.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Targhee Mid versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the Targhee Mid. Read all reviews »

Keen Women's Targhee Mid

The Women's Targhee Mid has been discontinued.

The Keen Women's Targhee Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 27, 2009 at OMCgear.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016