Kelty Bison 3300

Trial run with 50 lbs sack of sand. Felt awkward at…

Design: toploading
Size: 3000 plus ci
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 50
Height of Owner: 6 feet

Trial run with 50 lbs sack of sand. Felt awkward at first but increased tension across chest. Tore/ripped portion of side pocket from main fabric (poor reinforcement and stitching). Has a side zipper access in lower section. BE CAREFUL, this zipper could come slide open if caught on branch or? Secure it in the upward/closed with leather string. Kelty label on top is sewn slopply with over sized holes-daylighing through the fabric=rain wet etc.

I plan to use this pack for 2-3 day deer hunt in the Pacific Northwest. Am sure it will not be waterproof even with its orange raincover. I'll load all my gear in plastic, tho. Straps on bottom for tent or bag etc are very non-miltary strap looking things... don't think I'll trust these straps, also. Nice try Kelty for the effort. Might be good for hauling boned meat, tho. Not for extended comfy dry trips into rain forests.

Most check item was the fabric, seems two or three different fabrics used in manufacture. None are of worthy strong fabric, cheap Vietnam crap. I'll return it to Kelty after deer season because of the poor/torn pocket.

....I dream of the days when I can buy a bag with real leather bottom and strong canvas. I still have/use my 1970's REI day pack. Used for over 20 years in Alaska. Dog loves it, smells like Moose, Deer, Brown Bear, Caribou, and geese, grouse and duck.

If you've owned or used a Kelty Bison 3300, please share your experience.

Kelty Bison 3300

The Bison 3300 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Bison 3300 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 26, 2008 at Altrec Outdoors.