User Review: Kelty Crestone 1
Design: Staked hoop design
Ease of Setup: A monkey could do it.
Weight: 3 lbs, 0 oz
Price Paid: $69.99 + free shipping
This tent is exactly as it is described. That is to say it is a tight 1-man hoop style tent. At 19.12 square feet it is a little smaller than the average 1 man by a foot or two.
1. A full size rain fly.
2. Considering the full fly, 3.0 lbs is really light.
3. 6.5 square foot vestibule. Bigger than average.
4. Simple set-up. Less than 4 min on the first try.
5. The price.$70. Great value for money.
1. Typical POS stakes. I pack Vargo 4titanium needles for the corners + three MSR groundhogs for the ends and the vestibule. Big weight savings!
2. It is a bit tight at 19 sq-ft. I'm 6'-1" and I don't touch the ends though, so it isn't all that bad.
Overall: Simple, cheap (relatively), light-weight. Yes you can find a better one man hoop tent out there, but be prepared to pay 2X-4X to get it. This one is the best value for money out there.
Where to Buy
The Kelty Crestone 1 is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Kelty retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.