Kelty Lakota 65

Length 34 in / 86 cm 34 in / 86 cm
Height 15 in / 38 cm 15 in / 38 cm
Suspension Fixed Fixed
Torso Fit Range 14.5 - 18.5 in / 37 - 47 cm 17.5 - 21 in / 44 - 53 cm

Great pack for the price! This is a great pack. It…

Summary

Great pack for the price!

Pros

• Single stay molds well.

Cons

• No bells or whistles, this is a basic pack.

This is a great pack. It is durable and the single stay molded well to my back. The hip belt sat a little high and began to weight heavy on my hips after mile 20 of a recent trip into the Ozarks. However, that pack had plent of room, I got it for a great price, and stood up well.

Drake

It is a good pack. I used mine for a 2 week ramble in August 2012 into the Lassen area, 40 pound loadout - it worked really well. Kelty designs their packs to ride a little high, which for me is fine. The key is to strike the right balance between shoulders and hips and as you mentioned to bend the stay to the optimal shape for your back. Once you get the lumbar pad to ride perfectly the hip pressure will be reduced as the belt can be worn a little looser.

This is a great fitting pack, with plenty of support.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a great fitting pack, with plenty of support. I've used other brands of packs, but wasn't completely satisfied until I found this one. I also love the belt pocket feature. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Pros

• Great fit
  • Plenty of support

Cons

• One more exterior pocket would be great.

This is a great backpack. The fit was perfect for me, and support is great too. If you pack it correctly, the load is great as well. Easy to use, great features. Well worth it.