Kelty Streamside 2

I've had my Streamside for over 10 years. The only…

Price Paid: $75 (50% sale at EMS)

Summary

I've had my Streamside for over 10 years. The only problem is - currently - one of the poles splintered. Otherwise, light, easy to set up, great construction quality. Best tent I've ever owned.

Pros

• Light
  • Easy to set up

I've used this tent dozens and dozens of times. Easy to set up. Not huge, but nice for hiking. Mesh top/no see-um fabric awesome to look up at stars at night. No rips or problems with zippers. Putting on the rain fly has kept me both warm and dry many times.

The Kelty Stream Side 2 is a great moderate temp setup.

Design: 2 1/2 season Low profile W/Mesh panels
Ease of Setup: 3 Minutes / Simple construction with Clips
Weight: 5.6
Price Paid: $99.99 sale at REI

The Kelty Stream Side 2 is a great moderate temp setup. The color coded clips make setup a breeze. The close to the ground rain fly offers a great deal of weather and temp protection. If Kelty is contacted they will provide a phone number for a company that supplies replacement aluminum poles to replace the fiberglass ones. I purchased them for $40 and they shaved a full pound off the carry weight. The poles are for a Creekside 2 which I can't find in any catalogue. A F Wiggs Knightdale N.C. 27545

Beware! I had to exchange my streamside for the vortex…

Design: 2 person 3 season dome
Ease of Setup: great
Weight: 6lbs?
Price Paid: $150 usd

Beware! I had to exchange my streamside for the vortex 2 because after the 3rd time setting up the streamside, the mesh at the high stress (stretched) area at the top began to tear (where the loop is). If they can remedy this and make it a more durable tent, it would be a great tent.

w gulezian

I wouldn't have anything else. I've had this tent…

Design: Streamside 2
Ease of Setup: Simple and straight forward.
Weight: about 3.5 lbs?
Price Paid: 150

I wouldn't have anything else. I've had this tent for over 5 years and I bought it used. It has stood up to some of the worst weather I've ever encountered and I stayed perfectly dry. Truly the best tent I've ever owned.

If you've owned or used a Kelty Streamside 2, please share your experience.

Kelty Streamside 2

The Streamside 2 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Streamside 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Backcountry.com.