Kelty Zephyr -15

An excellent bag, lived up to specs. Just shy of perfection,…

Design: mummy
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: -15
Weight: 4.5 pounds

An excellent bag, lived up to specs. Just shy of perfection, and we know nothing is perfect, but this bag is very close. A great deal for the money, comparable to bags costing hundreds more.

My favorite bag so far. I've been trying out various…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: -15 F
Weight: four pounds, ten ounces

My favorite bag so far. I've been trying out various down and synthetic bags over the last three years. A great price when on closeout, and good overall quality ensure satisfaction. The bag lofts up to its advertised rating, with only a little minor underfill in two tubes.

It's a perfect fit for a six footer, even if you are on the heavy side. Packs down nicely. I prefer this bag over a Western Mountaineering bag that I tried out recently. Big money and a big name don't always mean satisfaction and top quality. Give this Kelty a try before they all sell out. It's a shame this model is no longer made, I like it more than the newer Kelty's.

I love this bag. I went on a 3-day backpacking trip…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 650 Fill Down
Temperature Rating: Negative 15 Farenheight
Weight: 72 oz (4lbs x 16 = 64 + 8oz = 72 oz)

I love this bag. I went on a 3-day backpacking trip with my pastor. I took my Kelty Zephyr sleeping bag and it was so nice and warm. The temp was 40's F. to 50's F. at nights. I do however recommend getting a sleeping pad. It was very comfortable, it's just nice having that extra padding. I recommend going to a sport store and asking a salesperson to lay it out on either the floor or a cot and lay down on it. You won't want to get off it. I guarantee you won't regret taking it home with you.

This -15° backpacking bag offers warm, reliable down-filled insulation and a deep, three-dimensional hood for excellent coverage. Prime 650-fill-power goose down is warm, lightweight and compressible. Made with a water-resistant polyester microfiber shell and soft polyester taffeta lining. Trapezoidal baffle construction and differential cut eliminate cold spots; ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping. Generous baffle collar and draft tube backing the full-length, two-way, locking zipper work together to keep out the cold and lock in body heat. Deep three-dimensional hood with differentiated drawcords for easy adjusting in the dark. Pad loops provide attachment points to keep your sleeping bag and pad together to avoid rolling off onto the cold ground (straps sold separately). Internal loops allow attachment of coordinating Kelty Liner (sold separately); hang loops allow easy drying and storage. Nylon stuff sack and cotton storage bag included.

Kelty Zephyr -15

The Zephyr -15 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Zephyr -15 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.