L.L.Bean Summit 3D -20°

When I stayed on a friend's couch in this bag in about…

Design: mummy
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: -20F/-29C
Weight: ?
Price Paid: ?

When I stayed on a friend's couch in this bag in about 65F, I was hot. When I stayed in the bed of my truck with the cap on on an air matress in 5F clothed in spandex pants, fleece pants, wool socks, bergelene shirt, and fleece jacket, I was fairly comfortable. When I stayed in my 3 season tent in a lean-to in 5F with 30 mph winds, I was quite cold. For the size and weight of this bag and its -20F rating, I would expect a lot more. It will be sent back. I like L.L. Bean and they make some fine products, but this one didn't do so well.

At just over 200 bucks and rated for -20 I would say…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: -20 F
Weight: 5 lbs 14 oz.

At just over 200 bucks and rated for -20 I would say based on nothing else this bag is a bargain. It is comfortable and easy to get in and out of as well as being tough as nails. I have only used it to -12 but it kept me warm all night long. I love this bag.

If you've owned or used a L.L.Bean Summit 3D -20°, please share your experience.

L.L.Bean Summit 3D -20°

The Summit 3D -20° has been discontinued.

The L.L.Bean Summit 3D -20° is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.