La Sportiva Katana Lace

I've come back to La Sportiva after a long love relation…

Price Paid: 90 euros

I've come back to La Sportiva after a long love relation with my Anasazi VCS. My last La Sportiva shoe was a Viper, dating back to 2002?.

I really like the shoe. It is aggressive (much more down-turned than velcro Katanas) and looks very good constructed. However they are not as asymmetrical as Miura VCS. (I have never been comfy with extremely asymmetrical shoes, like Testarossa.)

When I tried first time (limestone) I had the same I same feeling that I had with my first Anasazi pairs: the feeling that I could climb better. They work great, specially if you don't buy them ridiculously tight (one size and half smaller that shor shoes is fine). They edge on everything and  they do a very good job in small holds.

I really recommend it for those looking for technical lace shoe, specially if liked Anasazi.

Visit La Sportiva's Katana Lace page.

We added the P3 technology to one of our most successful climbing shoes to produce a veritable edging machine! This is the first tubular construction climbing shoe that gives you the performance of a lined shoe with the comfort of an unlined shoe. Coupled with the new Vibram XS Edge compound, this powerful, slightly asymmetric, slightly downtuned all around shoe excels in every type of climbing scenario.

- Ramsey Outdoor

The La Sportiva Katana Lace climbing shoe has the precision fit that only a lace-up climbing shoe can provide. La Sportiva Katana combines the much-loved PD55 last with the downturned P3(R) midsole to provides all-day comfort with the confidence to stand tall on the small knobs. Excels at crack climbing, edging, and all day use Lorica(R) synthetic leather lacing harness offers an exacting fit and minimizes stretch Highly breathable tongue works in conjunction with the lining for excellent moisture management 4mm Vibram(R) XS Edge(TM) rubber compound is firmer (than tackier Grip2) and designed to withstand bending or deforming on edges and chips Permanent Power Platform (P3(R)) maintains a downturned shape for the life of the shoe More downturned P3(R) midsole than the original Katana model Tubular construction blends the performance of a lined shoe with the comfort of an unlined shoe

- OMCgear

Focus precision footwork onto tiny holds with the La Sportiva Katana Lace Vibram XS Edge Climbing Shoe. Combined with the more customized fit that lace-up shoes offer, the slightly asymmetric, slightly down-turned Katana creates an all-around comfortable shoe with aggressive qualities for tougher climbing.

A lace up version of the iconic katana the ideal shoe for every type of climbingThe La Sportiva team added the P3 technology to one of their most successful climbing shoes to produce a veritable edging machine This is the first tubular construction climbing shoe that gives you the performance of a lined shoe with the comfort of an unlined shoe Coupled with the new Vibram XS Edge compound this powerful slightly asymmetric slightly downtuned all around shoe excels in every type of climbing scenarioIDEAL TERRAIN overhanging sport routes bouldering gym climbing and technical face climbing

- Bentgate.com