Lafuma Naia 35

I purchased this backpack for a trip where I was flying…

Design: Side Loading
Number of Pockets: 35 Liters
Height of Owner: 63 Inches

I purchased this backpack for a trip where I was flying on a 5 day Mini-break. I was looking for something that was going to be light (I have Fibromyalgia), comfortable, stable (i.e. not slop all over while I was walking in the airport) and have enough room to pack everything I would need for a 5 day break.

This backpack is FANTASTIC. I can’t say enough and I’ve been raving about it for days.

First, it’s comfortable. Really comfortable. I could wear it all day. I did, twice! First, the straps are padded with a nice gel like substance. Once on, there are additional straps that wrap around the waist and snap together for stability on the bottom of the pack. Where the pack rests on the back, the padding is less, but certainly not painful in any way. Additionally, there is a snap at the top of the pack handles so that the wearer can connect across the chest for even more stability.

The engineers have really thought this pack out. There are smaller handles at the top of the shoulder straps that allows the wearer to grab and “pull down” for adjusting or just hanging the hands on. These handles are something that you just don’t think about until they’re not there. What I’ve found is that I will frequently grab the handles (or top of the straps near the shoulders) when standing or adjusting and pull down when wearing a pack. It’s a more comfortable way to stand in a balanced position with the added back weight. The neat thing is that someone thought about how people stand with backpacks on and put handles there.

There are storage compartments galore. On the outside, there is stretchy material (on the side in certain locations) to make an adjustable, conforming pouch. This is great for Water or Pop bottles. Put the bottle in, and the fabric conforms tightly around the bottle holding it snug. There’s a top, slightly larger pouch that has two zipper bags to hold just about anything you’ll need. I used it to put my car keys in so that I knew where they were when I got back home.

Stowage in an Airplane over head bin is very cool. The size is perfect to fit in so that the bottom of the pack is at the back of the bin and the top is at the front. This means that the pack takes up only a width space of about 10 inches wide in the bin. I was able to shove the pack into a very small cubby hole that no other bags were able to fit. I like this because I don’t have to worry whether there’s enough room or not. Now days, with the “checked luggage” fees, nearly everyone is taking a carry-on bag rather than checking their luggage in the bottom of the airplane. By far, this pack takes the smallest space I’ve ever seen.

I’m very happy with this pack. As I said above, I’ve already recommended it. My traveling companion is now going to purchase one too. She watched me put it on and take it off with ease throughout the trip and was impressed. With that said, I highly recommend this backpack.

The Naia 35 Backpack by Lafuma, like it's bigger sister was designed for women. At 35 liters the dividable main compartment is large enough for long weekend excursions but not so cumbersome that it's inhibitive. With unique features common to the Naia line like a large suitcase like opening, removable zip pockets on the waistbelt and the removable lid that doubles as a fanny pack or small carry bag, the Naia 35 is functional for trailside use to travel and all spots in between.

- SunnySports

CLOSEOUTS . The Lafuma Naia 35 backpack is the ultimate organizational tool for backcountry overnights, travel and daily adventure. Large main compartment offers top and front access for easy loading and unloading. Plus, the zip-off lid has two removable storage cases for even more organization. Welded front access panel Interior hydration sleeve (reservoir not included) Zip-off lid with removable storage cubes converts to daypack Zip top access panel Rain cover stores in pocket on bottom of pack Zip side gusseted pockets Detachable zip accessory pocket Front zip pocket Compression straps ABSORBER gel inside shoulder straps and waistbelt Contoured, ergonomic harness system Adjustable sternum strap Padded back panel Internal frame Waistbelt: Adjusts to 58” Fits torsos: 16- to 20- ” Dimensions (HxWxD): 23x12x8” Capacity: 2135 cu.in. Weight: 3 lb. 8 oz. Material: Nylon by Lafuma of France CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Lafuma had versatility in mind with the Women's Naia 35 Pack. A detachable small purse, detachable top bag, and easy suitcase-style opening make the Naia 35 Pack user friendly and highly adaptable to travel and trail situations. Someone in their R & D department really dialed what a woman wants.

Lafuma Naia 35

The Naia 35 has been discontinued.

The Lafuma Naia 35 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 31, 2010 at SunnySports.