User Review: Leatherman Wave
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $75
This multi-tool has replaced every folding knife I have ever owned. Not only is it equipped with both, straight and serrated cutting blades, but both are designed for one-handed opening and are very strong. In addition it has a separate saw blade and file good for wood, plastic, and metal. Compared to the Gerber Flik and the S.O.G power lock I have found this tool to be superior in that the arrangement of the blades are more applicable to the situations of outdoor use.
- Pocket clip for accessibility.
- Every blade and tool has a locking mechanism.
- Made of high tempered stainless steel that holds an edge for a long time.
- Pocket clip can be a little too tight upon retrieval.
- Blade nuts can be somewhat tight.
- Extremely hard to clean when soiled with dirt.
I never leave the house without this tool. I picked it up about six months ago and it has become my everyday carrying knife ever since. I had to order the pocket clip separately from the Leatherman website but, it was every bit worth the expense.
I've used this tool at home, at work, and especially on the trail. It has more than exceeded my expectations numerous times while sawing down small trees for firewood and feathering starting strips, repairing broken gear, and even cleaning smaller game fish.
With 17 tools compacted into a 4 in. by 1.25 in collapsible frame, the Wave is an arsenal of survival equipment.