User Review: Ledge Featherlite 0
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $75
Lightweight sleeping bag that is great for extended hiking/hunting trips. Bag compacts really well so it doesn't' take up a lot of space.
- Really lightweight
- Compacts to a smaller size than most bags
- Really warm on those cold nights
- Doesn't come in an oversized model
- Mummy hood could be bigger
I needed a new sleeping bag for my first Alaskan hunt. We were planning on packing in about 5-6 miles so wieght was going to be an issue with me. It was a late fall moose hunt, that being said there was snow on the ground. Not to mention the nearby rivers were starting to ice up.
So yes, it was cold, average temp was steadily below 10 degrees. I did a lot of research on sleeping bags before coming across this one. I talked with a few different people about Ledge bags without much help. It wasn't really a big name with the people I was talking with. After going round and round for a couple weeks I decided to give them a shot.
Boy was I glad I did. Probably one of the best sleeping bags that I have used. A buddy of mine had -20 degree sleeping bag and to say the least he froze his butt off every night we were out there. My Featherlite was easy to pack, exceptionally light and most important kept me warm. For what I paid for this bag it exceeded all my expectations.
With everything else there are some things to consider when purchasing this bag.
1) they don't offer on oversized option...I was comfortable in this bag being 5'11" and 188, but a bigger person might think it's alittle tight.
2) the hood seemed alittle small...woke up a couple times with it bunched up like a pillow.
Again I'll state that I believe this was a GREAT buy. For the comfort and the price I could not find a better deal.