Life-Link Guide Ultra Light

I bought these poles two years ago for approach to…

I bought these poles two years ago for approach to a mountain hut with a heavy pack. I was never sold on trekking poles before. Since then I have used them on backpacking trips, snowshoeing, skiing, and on the glacier.

They don't go quite as short as I'd like for air travel but they fit in a large duffel. Having only one adjustment keeps them very light indeed. And the carbon fibre gets rid of any temptation for an anti-shock device.

The basket is fine on trail and neve. In snow I bought the bigger baskets, but have not used them yet. And, while the ability to use as a probe is great, they are no substitute for a real probe -- too short and takes too long to break down.

I love these -- very simple, light enough to bring. Almost never collapses (like other poles I've used).

Life-Link Guide Ultra Light

The Guide Ultra Light has been discontinued.

The Life-Link Guide Ultra Light is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 13, 2009 at Teton Village Sports.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?