Life-Link Guide Ultra Light

I bought these poles two years ago for approach to…

I bought these poles two years ago for approach to a mountain hut with a heavy pack. I was never sold on trekking poles before. Since then I have used them on backpacking trips, snowshoeing, skiing, and on the glacier.

They don't go quite as short as I'd like for air travel but they fit in a large duffel. Having only one adjustment keeps them very light indeed. And the carbon fibre gets rid of any temptation for an anti-shock device.

The basket is fine on trail and neve. In snow I bought the bigger baskets, but have not used them yet. And, while the ability to use as a probe is great, they are no substitute for a real probe -- too short and takes too long to break down.

I love these -- very simple, light enough to bring. Almost never collapses (like other poles I've used).