Light My Fire Spork XM

Nice utensil! I'm not a fan of "sporks," meaning the…

Summary

Nice utensil!

• Sturdy
  • Easy to clean
  • Good capacity

Cons

• Knife serrations aren't comfortable

I'm not a fan of "sporks," meaning the tined spoon kind, but I really like this Spork by LMF.

It's lightweight, but not flimsy, and it's long enough to reach the bottom of my cook pot without dipping my fingers into my food. I'm much more of a spoon eater than I am a fork eater as a rule, but having both on one utensil is nice.

Speaking of the spoon, it is very comfortable to eat from and holds a decent amount (I don't feel like I'm eating from a baby spoon). The only think I dislike is the serrated knife portion, it's a little rough on the mouth when you are eating from the fork side.

All in all, great piece of inexpensive gear that lightened my pack a little bit.

This little dude is a must have for a campsite! The…

Summary

This little dude is a must have for a campsite! The Light My Fire Spork was used so many times, I won't go without it again.

• Very useful

Cons

• Will melt in fire

I bought this spork before my last camping trip and I will never go without it again. I used it to cut food, eat food, measure out spices and coffee, and even stir my coffee grounds while brewing.

What I love about it is that the fork is on one side and the spoon is on the other, which means two separate completely functional sides (unlike the sporks where the spoon and fork are combined, making the fork part basically useless.)

The Light My Fire spork seems to be very durable. I "put it through the trenches" on this last trip and it still looks brand new.

I would recommend it to be in anyone's pack every time they are in nature.

It is inexpensive and light but the 'knife' portion…

Summary

It is inexpensive and light but the 'knife' portion on the fork is hard on the mouth.

Pros

• lightweight
  • inexpensive
  • nice colors

Cons

• knife portion on fork

I thought this was going to be the 'cat's meow' of utensils for backpacking: spoon - fork- knife all in one. The spoon portion works great. When using the fork end, the 'knife' part is very rough on your mouth. Also trying to cut with the knife it does not work well.

All in all, there are many other utensils out there that would work much better.

Sean Harrison

I don't like these things. I find them awkward to use. I've got a few that sit in my junk box that never get used.

I originally purchased a pack of 4 sporks of different…

I originally purchased a pack of 4 sporks of different colors. It was cheaper to buy the 4 pack versus a single spork.

I wanted a lightweight spoon and fork combination (multiple use equipment) that would not scratch metal cookware and would be able to withstand rugged use.

The spork made by Light My Fire met the challenge and has been a good investment. I have several to bring along on car camping trips with my family in mind. I also have one (green) in my pack that I routinely use when solo or minimalist trips.

Each spork weighs at .2 ounce, is 6.5 by 1.5 inches, and made of copolyester material.

As a fork and as a spoon the spork performs perfectly well. It cleaned up easier than the metal utensils I normally used.

The knife portion is totally useless, but that's OK. Who goes hiking without a "real" knife?

I have heard from others that their spork's broke with minimal use. So far they have worked for me.