Lowa Combat GTX

These boots are most comfy and waterproof I have ever…

Materials: Leather construction with Gore-tex lining
Use: Walking/camping in the Scottish Highlands
Break-in Period: 0 days
Weight: 160 lbs
Price Paid: £140

These boots are most comfy and waterproof I have ever owned. Their first outing was a two day walk in the Scottish Highlands covering 30 miles and 5,000 feet of ascent and they coped admirably with only one hot spot. Not bad for a pair of boots that I had never worn before this walk. The only real downside were the insoles which provided no real support and were quickly replaced with Sorbothane shock stoppers.

They are extremely waterproof and seem to breathe very well, the extra height of the Combat GTX providing excellent support and the correct degree of flex. The lace system is great and they are very easy to adjust on the move. The construction seems to be top notch and their light weight does reduce fatigue - you feel you could run long distances in these. Unless the Holy Grail of boots arrives I will be wearing Lowa for a long time to come.

Great all round boot I have ever owned, has helped…

Materials: Leather, Gore-Tex
Use: Rought Trail/ Heavy Pack
Break-in Period: One day
Price Paid: £130

Great all round boot I have ever owned, has helped with my lower back problems as well. Only one problem if the inner lining gets wet they become heavy and hard to dry out. I have to carry light wait gaiters to combat this problem. To dry them out I bought two 500 gram bags of silca gel for £4.00 from any removal company. Keeps the leather from cracking and stops the spread of bacteria. I have had much pleasure from these boots, if you look after them they look after you!!!

If you've owned or used a Lowa Combat GTX, please share your experience.

Lowa Combat GTX

The Lowa Combat GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 14, 2011 at Massey's Outfitters.