Lowe Alpine Whirlwind Jacket

I've had this jacket for at least 4 years-can't remember…

Fabric: polyester fleece, urethane membrane, polyester wicking micro-grid fleece inner layer
Fill: none
Price Paid: can't remember

I've had this jacket for at least 4 years-can't remember exactly when I bought it. The review is mostly about the performance of the Polartec Windbloc ACT fabric. The jacket has a great cut, re-inforcements on the shoulders that to this day show little signs of pack-strap-wear, and has perfect alpine style mesh lined pockets to cool off when I'm really pushing it.

I bought this fleece for aerobic activities in cold, windy weather. It's not a heavy fleece, but can protect me just fine in freezing weather when I layer over a mid or heavy-weight baselayer. I've worn this thing into the ground.

It is a beautifully crafted piece, typical of L.A., and has worn exceptionally well over time. Windbloc ACT is excellent at quelling the wind, handles light precipitation well, and effectively removes moisture when the core heats up. The material still looks and feels new, amazingly. I have always used ATSKO sport wash on the jacket.

The sleeves are not as long as the newer cuts of jackets, and the jacket lacks a dropped hem in back, but otherwise is top-notch with top notch material.

Lowe Alpine Whirlwind Jacket

The Whirlwind Jacket has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Lowe Alpine Whirlwind Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.