Madden Equipment Meridian

I have owned several Maddens over the years. They…

Design: Panel loader
Size: 4500 cu in
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

I have owned several Maddens over the years. They have all been excellent packs so when I saw this one at Sierra Trading Post for $79 I jumped on it. It has proven to be a trusty travel companion. It is large enough for me to travel with for months on end.

Most recently I took a 3 week West Coast trip and this pack was both comfortable and convenient. The zip off day pack is a wonderful carry on size and the small top pocket is just the right size for those small items that need to be found quickly. I love the three sets of side compression straps, waterproof zippers and super tough mesh wand pockets. The suspension (two aluminum stays that I shaped to my back, plastic frame sheet and two delrin hoops) make for a stable and comfortable ride with 50 lbs. 1000 denier cordura throughout makes it a little heavy but it is still a great deal. I use a separate duffel to keep the buckels and straps safe. All in all the quality and convenience I have come to expect from Madden Mountaineering.

Sadly, they closed shop about 5 years ago and these are no longer produced.