I have had this GPS unit for about a year now and…

I have had this GPS unit for about a year now and I still don't really know how to use it. The background maps are great for when you are traveling but they aren't much use when you are out in the wilderness. I think the GPS is very durable. I have taken it on several backpacking trips and canoeing trips and not once has it konked out on me. It is sometimes frustrating as with any GPS when you aren't getting a clear signal or when it takes forever to find one when you first boot up the GPS. I really thought that I was going to get way more use out of the GPS but sadly sometimes my map is just as good.

It really is a good GPS if you can get it for cheaper than what I got it for. I had a gift certificate which is why I got this one. If I had to buy a GPS again I would spend the extra money and get one that you can download maps in to.