Weight 1 lb 6.6 oz / 640.7 g
Main Material 100% Nylon Ripstop DWR 1.4 oz / yd
Lining Material 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.8 oz / yd
Insulation Material Thermal R Eco

This jacket is very warm! Did not know if I would…

This jacket is very warm! Did not know if I would like the hood but now I can't live without it! I am 6' 3" 180lbs and like the slim fit of the medium. The velcro cuff adjustment is great.

• Warm
  • Compressible
  • Good fit

• none

The Cauldron fits me good, and is very adjustable from the hood to cuffs to bottom, good length, covers my butt and I am 6' 3".

It does have some water repellency, but you do need a hard shell to cover it in the rain of course and I use a REI Shuksan as a shell and it covers perfectly! I like the synthetics in case you do get it wet it will retain body heat verses down fill.

I get cold very easily and needed something to do the job and I just took a chance on this jacket after much research. I am glad I did. The jacket will compress down to the size of a large grapefruit, maybe not as small as a down sweater type jacket though.

The hood is a nice bonus — didn't think I would like it but it sure comes in handy. All in all it is very versatile and very warm. For the money you can't beat it.

Marmot Cauldron Hoody

$150.00 (men's)

The Marmot Cauldron Hoody is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 26, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review