Marmot Garmsal

Bought this pack in 2008, used it once and then stowed…

Price Paid: forgot

Summary

Bought this pack in 2008, used it once and then stowed it for a few years. Went to Yosemite with my son and let him use it. Recently took three long trips and decided to use it as my one and only bag for all of them.

This is the best pack I have ever used. It's so ridiculously comfortable and can carry A LOT of gear and clothes. No idea why it was discontinued, but if you can get one of these, you will be stoked!

Only mods I would recommend would be a zip out at the bottom and and a side handle to carry it like a duffel. You can live out of this bag for weeks, especially in warmer weather.

Pros

• COMFORT!!!
  • Slim design
  • Carries a lot
  • Awesome bag!!!

Cons

• Needs a bottom opening
  • Side handle would have been cool

LEGIT KIT!!!! Discontinued, if you can find one, get it.

Great pack! I took this pack on a day hike this weekend…

Design: top-loading
Size: 2100 ci./35 liters
Number of Pockets: 3 main pockets
Max. Load Carried: 15-20 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11"

Great pack! I took this pack on a day hike this weekend for its maiden voyage, and it was excellent! I packed it with about 15-20 lbs just to see how it feels with some weight in it. There were times on the hike when I forgot it was on my back.

The Airflow frame system kept my back nice and cool. This pack is listed as a daypack, but I could easily see it used for ultralighting or an overnighter. I would've liked if there were a few more loops or daisies on the outside. Very comfortable. Great product at a great price.

I'm using it for ultra-light packing. It is a little…

Design: puts the weight on my hips, cooler back than most!
Size: Just right for ultralight
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 20
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

I'm using it for ultra-light packing. It is a little heavy at 3 lbs, but I bought it because it's so comfortable it more than makes up for it by putting weight on my hips. Also the material is more durable than some ultra-light packs. I'm carrying 20 lbs and could trail run with it. The hipbelt has carry compartments but is still soft where it counts, the wraparound feature places the load snug on your back.

Marmot Garmsal

The Garmsal has been discontinued.

The Marmot Garmsal is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2009 at Backcountry.com.