Marmot Haven 2P

Minimalists will appreciate this ultralight, single-pole, two-person
shelter, especially when pitching camp in a flash is a prerequisite. The removable
floor provides perimeter venting for maximum air circulation. The rainfly is
made of 40 denier nylon ripstop and has a water-resistant 1,8000 mm coating.
The floor is made of 40 denier nylon and has a 3,000 mm coating to prevent any
moisture from seeping through.

Features:

• Large D-style door for easy entry
  • Unique and stable pole structure
  • Removable floor to reduce weight
  • Large zippered ceiling vents
  • Open vent design between floor and fly for increased air circulation

Minimum weight 3 lb 15 oz / 2 kg
Floor area 56 sq ft / 5 sq m
Vestibules 0
Vestibule area 0 sq ft / 0 sq m
Peak height 45 in / 114 cm

We bought this tent to use on motorcycle trips where…

Summary

We bought this tent to use on motorcycle trips where space is tight. It's been one of the best outdoor purchases we've ever made! The Haven 2P is a snap to set up, is huge inside, and packs down into a very tidy, light package. This tent represents huge value.

Pros

• This tent is very small when packed, easy and quick to set up, and has a massive amount of space inside.
  • The floor clips into place, and pull tabs allow a nice taut fit.
  • A small bonus of the clip-in floor is the ability to grab stuff from the outside rather than having to crawl in a root around. That keeps things a little bit tidier.

Cons

• I've not been able to uncover any real weaknesses in the four trips that I've taken with this tent. It's a superb piece-o'-kit!

My wife and I are avid motorcyclists, and we prefer to camp out rather than stay in a motel. For the last 7 years we've used the excellent REI Taj 3 tent. It's been bomb proof through heavy Sierra rains, Owens Valley hail, and 50-MPH Death Valley winds. Its only real drawback is its heft.  Hauling it around, especially in summer, can be a chore, so we've been on the hunt for something lighter, yet still possessing a good amount of interior space for stashing all of our riding gear when off of the bikes.

I'm a big guy (6'2", 260 lbs.) and almost all 2-man tents are solos for me, and most 3-man tents are bulky and/or hideously expensive. I spotted the Haven 2P on REI's site, and was intrigued by its light weight, small packed size, and its massive 56 SF floor space. The price was a bit on the steep side, but a coupon and free shipping put the price down low enough that it was worth a go.

The initial set up was a snap, and I was very much impressed with the space and ventilation afforded by the single pole design. My wife and I can have it pitched in about 2 minutes, which is a big plus when the weather is foul, or if it's been a late arrival and we need to hit the hay. Setup involves loosely staking down the guy points, putting the single aluminum pole in place, clipping the crown of the tent to the pole, then adjusting the stakes. It takes almost as long to type it as it does to do it.

Thus far the tent has been very stable, but the highest wind gusts we've had in it have only been in the 15-20 MPH range. My guess is that too much more would have it flapping pretty good. We've not yet had the tent in any foul weather, but we're coming into Fall here, so that should happen soon.

This past weekend (our 4th trip with the tent) was the first time that we've had any condensation on the inside. We were camped near the coast, and the temps went from low 90's in the day to high 40's so a bit of moisture was expected. The whole thing dried out in the sun after less than 20 minutes. Not too shabby.

The tent has a pair of zip vents along the crown that can be held open by hook and loop risers.  This feature, coupled with the open-bottom design, allow for some very good ventilation. I suspect that we got some condensation inside due to the fact that we had a ton of riding gear, clothing, etc. jammed against the openings along the bottom, which inhibited the air flow a bit.

There is a ton of useable room inside. I can sit up easily to get dressed, and getting in and out of the single door is no problem at all, even for someone of my considerable size.

So far I can take this tent down and have it stuffed in about a minute flat. I like that. It also fits into a saddle bag, which is a big plus. The convenience factor of the setup and take down make the price much easier to handle. I don't mind at all paying for good gear when it works as well as this does.

From what I can tell, Marmot has discontinued this tent, which means that it's likely to be found at a lower price than the $229 list.  Even at that cost, it's worth it.

*edit*

I've owned this tent for three years now. It is a…

Summary

I've owned this tent for three years now. It is a fantastic lightweight tent, huge floor space could easily sleep three in a pinch. Easy setup, small package.

Pros

• Large floor space
  • Very lightweight
  • Easy setup

Cons

• Haven't found any

Easy set up with or without floor. Very stable even for a single pole. Never have had any rain come in or condensation problems.

Very roomy but a small pack size. Very easy setup. Stake it down, put in the pole, Done.

Three years and counting California coastal mountains to the Sierra, never had a problem. Super roomy so you can fit all your gear and even your dog inside with you out of the weather.

An ultra-light, hassle-free shelter for excursions into the wild; the Haven 2P features a large D type door for easy ins and outs, while perimeter vents allow fresh air to circulate freely so you’ll never experience that “sauna” effect. The floor is conveniently removable, and nylon zipper pulls are quiet and smooth.

Visit Marmot's Haven 2P page.

Marmot Hammer 2P Ultralight Tent Enjoy warmth and comfort outside with the Marmot Hammer 2P Ultralight Tent. Designed to withstand harsh conditions, you will stay warm while inside. And, it s made from waterproof materials, ensuring you stay dry even when it s raining. Also, it has a free-standing design, making it easy to setup this lightweight tent. The nylon zipper pulls are jingle-free, ensuring no one is disturbed when the tent is opened and closed. A breathable fabric gives you the ability to stay cool on those hot summer days. Enjoy the outdoors like never before with the Marmot Hammer 2P Ultralight Tent.

- SunnySports

Fast-and-light camping just got customized with Marmot's Haven 2P tent, a simple ultralight design consisting of a fly and removable floor with a unique pole structure and serious ventilation. A slight dew doesn't get through thanks to the silicon and PU coating, but this tent's real strengths lie in its inherent ability to be pared down to the minimum (weighing only 3 lb 15 oz), and its superior venting capability provided by the Perimeter Venting System.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Marmot Haven 2 Person Tent DECENT FEATURES of the Marmot Haven 2P - 2 Person Tent Large D Door Unique Pole Structure Removable Floor Large Zip Open Ceiling Vents Perimeter Venting Increases Air Circulation Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls The SPECS Capacity: 2 Person Minimum Weight: 3 lbs 15 oz / 1.79 kg Maximum Weight: 4 lbs 11 oz / 2.13 kg Dimensions: 120in. x 106in. x 45in. / 305 x 269 x 114 cm Floor Area: 56 square feet / 5.2 square meter Packed Size: 21 x 6in. / 53 x 15 cm Number of Pole Type: 1 / DAC NSL 9mm Materials: Fly: 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop Silicon/PU 1800mm, W/R, F/R, Floor: 40d 100% Nylon 3000mm, W/R, F/R

Marmot Haven 2P - An ultra-light, hassle-free shelter for excursions into the wild; the Haven 2P features a large D type door for easy ins and outs, while perimeter vents allow fresh air to circulate freely so youll never experience that sauna effect. The floor is conveniently removable, and nylon zipper pulls are quiet and smooth. Large D Door - For Easy Access, Shape Keeps Door from Dragging in the Dirt. Unique Pole Structure - For Increased Stability and Increased Internal Space. Removable Floor - Gives You the Option to Lighten Your Load When You Don't Need a Full Tent. Large Zip Open Ceiling Vents. Perimeter Venting Increases Air Circulation. Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls - Promote Undisturbed Sleep.

- Massey's Outfitters