Marmot Helium EQ

I've owned the plain vanilla model of the Marmot Helium…

Design: mummy
Fill: 850+ down
Temperature Rating: 15
Weight: 2 pounds 2 oz

I've owned the plain vanilla model of the Marmot Helium and recently decided to get this new EQ model in a slightly longer version. Marmot rates both Helium models at 15 degrees and that's a relative figure. Generally I think I sleep a little colder than the ratings of sleeping bags. I really like the full length zipper on the EQ (as opposed to the weight reducing 3/4 length on the standard Helium) as it allows me to open up the bag when in warmer conditions.

Like the Helium the EQ will compress to the size of a loaf of bread (I usually pack mine in a waterproof compression sack) and when it really gets down close to the 15 degree rating of the bag I throw in a Mountain Hardwear Compressor Coat and Pants and put those on. With that combo I'm usually good down to single digit temps with this bag provided I have a good ground pad.

The membrain or whatever Marmot calls the outer covering of this bag really is waterproof - I know I used it in a snow cave and it got a little warm and "drippy" in the cave but no water got through to the down. All in all a fantastic near-four-season bag.

Marmot Helium EQ

The Helium EQ has been discontinued.

The Marmot Helium EQ is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2014 at Backcountry.com.