Weight 6.2 oz / 175.8 g
Main Material Polartec®Power Dry® 96% Polyester (29% Cocona®), 4% Elastane Midweight 4.2 oz / yd

I was looking for a replacement for a lightweight…

I was looking for a replacement for a lightweight fleece, which served as a warm base-layer and occasional outerwear. I loved the Midweight Zip's light weight, excellent loft and outerwear-worthy design. But after a weekend-long pack trip the collar had begun to noticeably pill, and without any known reason the shirt front got a run in the fabric.

If I was just using this piece as a technical base layer I would put up with the fragile fabric, but at $60 I was expecting something I could use as outerwear too.

It gets 5 stars for technical quality underwear and 2 stars for durability.

I love this shirt. It is warm and light. In my opinion…

I love this shirt. It is warm and light. In my opinion it is not only a great base layer but also good as a long sleeve shirt worn over an Under Armour tshirt. Breathable and I like the Cocona technology.

I got lucky and got mine 40% off at Sun and Ski due to seasonal clearance. It is a little bit less smooth of a material than others but still comfortable. Buy one.

Marmot Midweight Zip LS

$60.00 (men's)

The Marmot Midweight Zip LS is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 21, 2015 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new base layer top, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review