Marmot Midweight Zip LS

Weight 6.2 oz / 175.8 g
Main Material Polartec®Power Dry® 96% Polyester (29% Cocona®), 4% Elastane Midweight 4.2 oz / yd

I was looking for a replacement for a lightweight…

I was looking for a replacement for a lightweight fleece, which served as a warm base-layer and occasional outerwear. I loved the Midweight Zip's light weight, excellent loft and outerwear-worthy design. But after a weekend-long pack trip the collar had begun to noticeably pill, and without any known reason the shirt front got a run in the fabric.

If I was just using this piece as a technical base layer I would put up with the fragile fabric, but at $60 I was expecting something I could use as outerwear too.

It gets 5 stars for technical quality underwear and 2 stars for durability.

I love this shirt. It is warm and light. In my opinion…

I love this shirt. It is warm and light. In my opinion it is not only a great base layer but also good as a long sleeve shirt worn over an Under Armour tshirt. Breathable and I like the Cocona technology.

I got lucky and got mine 40% off at Sun and Ski due to seasonal clearance. It is a little bit less smooth of a material than others but still comfortable. Buy one.

Visit Marmot's Midweight Zip LS page.

Limited-edition, hand-drawn artwork by Cheryl Humphries. All MK T's are certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) - no chemical pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or genetically engineered ingredients. To complete the eco-circle, we screen-print using water-based inks. Like everything we do at MK, the T's make a statement about what's important... good-for-the-earth, good-for-the-soul fibers and colors that coordinate with the pants, cause lookin' good is as important as feelin' good. 100% certified organic cotton. Imported. Casual fit.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

The Marmot Men's Midweight Zip long sleeve shirt covers you in a shaped fit that's easy to layer without accumulating bulk, and the half neck zip dumps heat when the temps rise. The Midweight Zip's flat-locked seams put and end to chaffing while you carry a loaded pack and the slightly-stretchy Polartech Power Dry fabric offers a close fit while wicking moisture away from your core. Marmot treats the Midweight with Cocona Performance technology, meaning you'll come out of the winter season smelling as fresh as a spring rose. We do recommend washing the Midweight at least a few times, though.

- Backcountry Outlet

Built with a deep zipper to ventilate during stop-and-go sports in the cold, the men's Marmot Midweight half-zip long underwear top fits closely and keeps you comfortable with moisture-wicking fabric. Polartec(R) Power Dry(R) fabric has a patented, moisture-wicking bi-component construction that helps keep your skin dry as you sweat. Cocona(R) additive is derived from discarded coconut shells rendered into activated charcoal, which is then reduced, blended and fused into the fabric to reduce odors. Naturally UV-resistant fabric with a UPF 40 rating shields skin from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays. Flatseam construction is soft and non-chafing next to skin. The men's Marmot Midweight half-zip long underwear top features a tag-free neckline that won't irritate skin. Closeout.

Marmot's Midweight zip-neck midweight baselayer harnesses the performance technology of Polartec Power Dry recycled polyester to provide quick-wicking warmth and rapid dry time. Cocona activated carbon naturally controls odor and provides UPF 40 protection. Stretchy Elastane, forward seaming and raglan sleeves.

- CampSaver.com