Marmot Motion Pant

Overall these pants are pretty darn good for their…

Summary

Overall these pants are pretty darn good for their price. I would definitely recommend them to anybody looking for a strong entry level pant.

Pros

• Inexpensive

Cons

• Slightly long for my liking
  • Sometimes pockets are tough to open

I bought these pants today mainly for short day hikes and geocaching. Well, I got out to do some geocaching today. It was high 20s-low 30s out and a few inches of snow on the ground. I'm a 36 waist 30 long, and XL was WAY too big. I tried on the L and waist was slightly tight but tolerable. The length was slightly long but probably ok when you have winter boots on I only had Merrell Moabs on.

They are very versatile pants, rather lightweight and very easy moving. Pockets are rather large and have a very soft lining to protect phones or GPS's. The articulated knee works excellent for jumping over downed trees and such.

Overall I would recommend these pants to anyone looking for a descent pair of pants. Not at a bad price either. I bought these on sale at Ramsey Outdoors, they were 20% off so I paid $116.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Motion Pant, please share your experience.