Marmot Needle Parka

First, I got this from Campmor for $100. I needed…

Fill: Primaloft

First, I got this from Campmor for $100. I needed something I could pack in and wear while on belay. I remember freezing my butt off last winter.

The jacket got here and is plenty warm. It is very comfortable and allows me to have all the movement I want. The Dri-clime on the cuffs is a nice touch as well. I can't verify the waterproofness of the material but don't expect to test it either since I live in the interior of Alaska. The hood is very warm too.

I think the full price of $325 is high but I can easily understand a price of $200 or less. The bottom line is that this is a packable and very warm jacket. In fact, I'm buying another one right now...

No storm skirt, no mid-section draw, skimpy pockets,…

No storm skirt, no mid-section draw, skimpy pockets, very light materials, not so warm. Just OK.

CLOSEOUTS . Marmot's Needle jacket is ideal for alpine excursions, thanks to its waterproof breathable MemBrain(R) ripstop nylon exterior that has taped seams and superior moisture-managing properties to keep you dry and warm. Lofty synthetic insulation traps body heat Raglan sleeves for mobility Hip-length style Two-way zip with touch-fasten storm flap Drawcord hood and hem stop the elements Interior zip pocket Handwarmer pockets Welded zip Napoleon pocket Brushed collar Length: 28 Weight: 2 lb. 100% nylon Machine wash, dry CLOSEOUTS . China. Size: M(39-41) L(42-45) XL(46-49)

- Sierra Trading Post

The Marmot Mens Needle Parka provides the warmth of synthetic PrimaLoft insulation in a completely waterproof shell.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Needle Parka by Marmot is a technical, waterproof insulated jacket with synthetic insulation for reliable warmth in burly wet and windy weather alpine climbing, guiding and ice climbing. 100% seam taped Attached hood Attached hood Draw cord collar Adjustable drawcord hem DriClime lined pockets DriClime lined collar PitZips Chest pocket Inner pocket Weight Size Medium: 1 lb 13 oz/822 g

Marmot Needle Parka

The Needle Parka has been discontinued.

The Marmot Needle Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 22, 2007 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.