Marmot Spiral Pant

The only pair of pants I wear all winter. I bought mine…

Price Paid: 250 can

The only pair of pants I wear all winter.

I bought mine three years ago, and since have used them on every ice climbing trip and skiing I've done. When the temperature dropped all I needed was to put an extra layer underneath and voila! It performed perfectly even in -20 humid weather and since the venting zip are pretty long, (all of my thigh) excess heat is never a problem.

I live on the East Coast near the White Mountains and the going can become rough, especially on Mount Washington. The windproofness is about all the way up to 85% if not better. As for being waterproof there it's allright but streaming water for a long exposure (4h) eventually got through.

The only drawback is the there's is no removable bib. To fix that I made one myself with an old soft shell jacket found in a thrift store. Took a while but it's done.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Spiral Pant, please share your experience.

Marmot Spiral Pant

The Spiral Pant has been discontinued.

The Marmot Spiral Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 20, 2007 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.