Marmot Supernova Jacket

I got a great deal on this jacket online and I'm glad…

I got a great deal on this jacket online and I'm glad I did. I am about 5'8" and 160 lbs. and the medium size fits me perfectly. It has a nice fit for a fleece jacket and it is not too baggy or loose.

I've been wearing it on cold days and it keeps me very warm, especially with layers underneath. The quality of Marmot can really be seen in the stitching and zippers. For anyone looking for a warm fleece, I would definitely recommend the Supernova Jacket.

This is a thick, warm, fleece for the price but there…

Fabric: 300 wt (??) fleece

This is a thick, warm, fleece for the price but there are certain disadvantages regarding fit and function.

Pros: Very warm; sheds water and snow; contoured fit; layers under a similar sized shell perfectly; perfect for hiking.

Cons: NOT zip-in compatible with my Marmot Gore-tex shell; it runs slightly smaller in size (torso); the angel wing movement is not all that heavenly.

I am one of those unfortunate folks who eternally teeters between medium and large size. I ordered the medium and it is a little snug and so I can only wear a medium weight base layer underneath it. Anything more and my movements are somewhat cramped. So order a size larger if you want to wear it as an everyday jacket or want to use 2 to 3 sub layers (base or insulation). It keeps you pretty warm ( I have used it with a shell on a 14F day) but don't expect it to work like the NF Denali.

I got this for $60 at Campmor as a warm mid-layer…

Fabric: heavyweight fleece

I got this for $60 at Campmor as a warm mid-layer but was disappointed. I removed the zipper pulls from the cuffs to eliminate the irratation of them rubbing my wrists. The entire jacket is a tight fleece, equal to Polartech 300 weight. The collar is high.

The downside is simply that is not as warm as I thought it would be. Also, and just as important, the fit is strange. The jacket is long and narrow. It rolls up when I sit down. If I were hiking, this would be a fantastic jacket and I would rate it a 5, but I mountaineer and climb so I rate it a 3.

If you want a comfortable fleece for hiking or floating around town, then this is a good deal; right now you can find it on sale at many on-line retailers. Although it has Angel-wing construction, it just doesn't cut it for climbing.

The Marmot Supernova Jacket : Plush, high-loft pile jacket for cozy mountain warmth or practical, mountain-inspired street wear. Available In: Black Canteen Marmot Supernova Jacket Features: High loft, water repellent Beardproof, brushed DriClime lined collar Zippered hand pockets for convenience Zippered chest pocket Vertical front chest pocket stores small items for quick access Draft flap behind front zipper Adjustable drawcord hem

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS. Thick, warm fleece makes this Marmot jacket a great bet for cool-to-cold wear - and its water-repellent surface sheds drizzle and light snow. High-loft knit with excellent breathability. Angel Wing Movement(TM) for easy, every-which-way movement. Soft DriClime(R) microfleece collar lining. Hidden wind flap under front zipper. Convenient zip-closing cuffs, hand and Napoleon pockets. Elastic drawcord hem. Length 27 , 1 lb. 7 oz. (medium size). Polyester. CLOSEOUTS. China. Sizes: S(36-38) M(39-41) L(42-45) XL(46-49)

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

High-loft, 300-weight fleece provides the Marmot Men's Supernova Jacket with all the warmth it needs to keep you comfortable on incredibly cold, mountain days. You're sure to be warm all day when you pull your shell over this beefy fleece and head for the slopes. Whether you're skiing, snowboarding, ice climbing, or winter mountaineering, the top-notch warmth of the Supernova Jacket gets the job done.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

The Marmot Supernova jacket is a heavyweight fleece that will keep you as toasty as an exploding star. This high loft fleece has been treated with DWR for water resistance. Zippered sleeve cuff gussets let you seal your sleeves around your gloves for added weather protection in the snow. Marmot's Angel-Wing Movement fit gives you a full range of motion. Throw a shell over this heavyweight fleece and you're set for the coldest days of the season.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Description of Marmot Supernova JacketA plush, high-loft pile jacket for cozy mountain warmth or practical, mountain-inspired street wear. The Marmot Supernova Jacket has zippered hand pockets to keep your fingers toasty, while a front chest pocket provides quick and easy access to small essential items. A draft flap behind the front zipper and an adjustable drawcord hem provide extra weather protection.The Marmot Supernova is a classic cool and mild weather necessity.Features:High loft, water repellent Beardproof, brushed DriClime lined collar Zippered hand pockets for convenience Zippered chest pocket Vertical front chest pocket stores small items for quick access Draft flap behind front zipper Adjustable drawcord hem

- US Outdoor Store refers to the men's version

Marmot Supernova Jacket

The Supernova Jacket has been discontinued.

The Marmot Supernova Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 5, 2013 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.