User Review: Marmot Men's Trestles 30
Temperature Rating: 30
Weight: 3.0 lbs
Price Paid: $80
These are my initial thoughts after one use so take it with a grain of salt. I will attempt to update this after further use. Also, I have the yellow version with a stripe symmetrically down each side with "Marmot" in the middle. I think it is an older model even though I bought it new this year from the local outdoor store. The tag says "delivered spring 2006". Today's date is May 25, 2008.
About me: I'm 6'1" 175 lbs. I got the "long" version of the bag.
1. I stayed moderately warm in this bag in low 40's high 30's. I am also a very warm sleeper and was wearing sweatpants and a t shirt. The foot of my bag got a little wet because of my buddy's cheap tent. I didn't notice the wetness too much although it could have affected my temperature. I shivered only a little throughout a very windy/rainy night.
2. The zipper was slightly difficult to pull and a little frustrating at night. It seemed to get stuck on the draft tube all the time. This could just be it breaking in? A pleasant surprise was that the little zipper puller glowed in the dark!
3. The "stash pocket" kinda sucks. It took me a while to find it when I first got the bag. It is on the inside close to your chest with a small velcro closure. I found that things could easily slide past each side of the velcro and fall out of the pocket. Anything smaller than 3" could slip through. My knife could slip through and so could an energy bar. A zipper or more velcro would have been nice. I'd also prefer a pocket on the outside of the back instead of the inside.
4. The bag material feels very nice. I like that part a lot.
5. Packs pretty decently small and is fairly light.
6. Although the zipper sort of seemed to "lock" in place when zipped all the way up, I think I would prefer the normal little velcro strap to secure it a little more.
So far, initial conclusion:
-you get what you pay for-
If you are a price conscious person in need of a decent small bag to pack around with you in semi-warm conditions, this is it. Love the bag so far but I'm afraid it might not be an awesome bag when pushed a little.