MEC Adventurer

$43.00 CAD

I've had this pack for a few years now, and I think…

Design: rucksack
Size: about 34 litres
Number of Pockets: 1 main, 1 removable (turns into a fannypack)
Max. Load Carried: unsure
Height of Owner: 6 feet
Price Paid: $53 Canadian

I've had this pack for a few years now, and I think it is the best rucksack that I've ever used. I use it mainly for my schoolbag (big enough to take my binders, textbooks, fleece, jacket, helmet,etc--I ride bike year-round) and it has served me well. The shoulder straps are contoured, with an adjustable sternum strap, waist belt is nice and wide with a monster buckle, which is nice if you like to cinch the waist. The pack is a panel-loader, but it has a huge #10 YKK zipper with cinch straps on the side in the unlikely event that the zipper blows. There is a flap covering the zipper for weatherproofness.

The pack is made of 1000D cordura, with a heavy-duty bartacked nylon handle on the top (very handy!). The back is padded, which keeps pointy stuff from poking you in the back. There are four bartacked loops on the bottom of the bag, which would allow the fastening of a sleeping pad or possibly even a sleeping bag for overnight trips.

All in all a great pack, I love it!

MEC Adventurer

No price on record.

The MEC Adventurer is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.