MEC Synergy LT Jacket
Excellent reasonably priced jacket. Most Gore-tex…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $290
Excellent reasonably priced jacket.
- Very reasonably priced
- Packs small
- Not terribly durable
Most Gore-tex Pro jackets out there are all pretty similar. This one falls into the category of lightweight jacket for summer use. It has excellent waterproofing as you would expect. The seam sealing is decent. The two alpine style (cross reach) pockets. But this jacket is incredibly well priced.
For a summer alpine jacket this is a cheaper alternative to something like the Marmot Speed Light. However it lacks the rubbish pockets that the Speed Light has. Being thin it does have some durability issues. But they are worth it for the comparable weight and price.
A terrific product and great for alpine ascent in the summer.
Thoughtful design has whittled the Synergy Jacket down to a featherweight piece that lets you jump on a good-weather window like an adrenalin-fired mountain goat. The GORE-TEX Pro Shell offers a barrier against spindrift and unexpected storms. And the adjustable hood and hem slam the door in the face of wind and cold updrafts.
- Made of lightweight, supple, 40-denier 100% nylon. GORE-TEX Pro Shell laminate is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable.
- Fully seam-taped construction keeps out wetness.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a three-way interior adjustment for a snag-free profile.
- Water-resistant front zip is designed for easy manipulation.
- Convenient Napolean-style chest pockets with watertight zippers. Zippers are very water-resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend storing items inside the pockets that could be damaged if they get wet.
- Underarm vents have watertight zippers, for releasing heat and perspiration as the climbing gets intense.
- Hem cord adjusts with 2 toggles to seal out harsh winds.
- Regular fit