Meindl Lhotse

So far I have used these boots on about 5 day walks…

Materials: leather + Gore-tex
Use: rough trail / open moorland / hills
Break-in Period: none!
Weight: 1880g / pair - size 11 UK
Price Paid: £130

So far I have used these boots on about 5 day walks ranging from Surrey Hills to across open moorland / rocks in the Peak District. They are great. No blisters and all day comfort. Grip on rocks was phenominal (I used Brasher Supalites before these). Downhills are now comfortable rather than worrying if I will retain enough grip. The best bit is I have not once turned my ankle since buying them - I have weak ankles and near 15 stone weight on them. A fair bit heavier than the Superlites (1.9kg v 1.25kg) but not noticed on the trail.

I use one pair of thin Bridgedale inner socks and a thick pair of Thorlos. I also replaced the insole with some orthopedic ones from my physio (due to knee injury in Brecon Beacons when wearing Supalites).

I bought the Meindl Lhotse to use on Kev Reynold's…

Materials: Leather/goretex
Use: ough trail/boulders/heavy pack
Break-in Period: 2-3 days is fine
Weight: c1.8kg
Price Paid: £115

I bought the Meindl Lhotse to use on Kev Reynold's 'Walkers Haute Route" in September 2004. They were superb, with excellent grip, and completely waterproof despite heavy downpours. Above all they gave excellent ankle support and protection on the notorious and demanding boulderfields that puntuate serveral sections ie Col du Louvie etc.

They are undeniably a little heavy, and when reaching 3000m daily, that is an issue. But overall they were worth it!

These boots are fantatsic, super dry and warm. Easy…

Materials: Nubuck leather outer, gore tex lining
Use: 4 season, will take flexible crampon
Break-in Period: 1 week
Price Paid: £150

These boots are fantatsic, super dry and warm. Easy to walk in but i have had a lot of trouble with the inside heal pushing against my achilles heal when i walk uphill. Although very uncomfortable, it does not produce any blisters. As this is the first boot i have ever bought, all in all i would say it is great but cannot compare it to anything else.

If you've owned or used a Meindl Lhotse, please share your experience.

Meindl Lhotse

No price on record.

The Meindl Lhotse is not available from the stores we monitor.