User Review: Merrell Men's Moab Gore-Tex XCR
- I wore these shoes daily for a couple months until the extra wide toe box started to squeeze together where the laces loop back up and created a fold in the material which rubbed on the tops of my big toes and hurt to the point that I couldn't wear them daily.
- About the same time, the sole started to separate from the upper in a couple places
- As my primary pair of shoes, I played multiple sports in these shoes which resulted in the footbed progressively loosening and then shifting its way back and up by the heels when I'd wear them. (Very Annoying)
- I found the shoes to be too hot even though they are suppose to have "excellent breathability"
- The GTX waterproofing works wonders. I can submerse them trudging through puddles and not get wet.
- The Vibram sole has held up nicely and keeps traction quite well, even when muddy.
- I've been fairly tough on them and there are noticeable scuffs wearing the nubuck upper by the toes but has held together and hasn't effected their performance
I now just wear these as work 'boots' because of their waterproofing, durability, and traction.
I would not recommend these if looking to use them for long periods of time though.