User Review: Merrell Men's Moab Gore-Tex XCR
- I wore these shoes daily for a couple months until the extra wide toe box started to squeeze together where the laces loop back up and created a fold in the material which rubbed on the tops of my big toes and hurt to the point that I couldn't wear them daily.
- About the same time, the sole started to separate from the upper in a couple places
- As my primary pair of shoes, I played multiple sports in these shoes which resulted in the footbed progressively loosening and then shifting its way back and up by the heels when I'd wear them. (Very Annoying)
- I found the shoes to be too hot even though they are suppose to have "excellent breathability"
- The GTX waterproofing works wonders. I can submerse them trudging through puddles and not get wet.
- The Vibram sole has held up nicely and keeps traction quite well, even when muddy.
- I've been fairly tough on them and there are noticeable scuffs wearing the nubuck upper by the toes but has held together and hasn't effected their performance
I now just wear these as work 'boots' because of their waterproofing, durability, and traction.
I would not recommend these if looking to use them for long periods of time though.
Where to Buy
Help support Trailspace by making your next purchase through one of the links above.