Merrell Monarch Gore-Tex

Most comfortable boot and trail worthy. I've had these…

Materials: leather; gore-tex
Use: dayhikes
Break-in Period: less then 50 miles

Most comfortable boot and trail worthy. I've had these boots for at least 5 years without breakdown; would highly recommend these boots.

These boots are all leather on the outside and have…

Materials: Leather and gore-tex
Use: rough trail with heavy pack
Break-in Period: one week
Weight: 2 Lb

These boots are all leather on the outside and have a gore-tex toung and lining on the inside. I bought these boots to double as streem hoppers and snow boots. These boots were made exclusively for REI and have the REI brand name on them. Most boots feel like boots when you first try them out. These boots felt like shoes on the inside, yet have plenty of stability for your ankle and all around ruggedness for any hike/trail.

I have a size 14 foot and I swear Merrell knows how to make boots for large footed people--better than any other. Cons: No arch support, made for wider feet, and get scuffed up quick. The arch support and wide feet problem was corrected quite quickly with an extra insole for added support and arch. The added insole made the boot tighter around my foot. Now it doesn't move around inside the boot, which would be bad for extended hikes.

Comfortable, stable, WARM believe it or not, vibram soles. I DON"T recommend this boot for summer trips, it would need to be more breathable for those trips.

Merrell Monarch Gore-Tex

The Monarch Gore-Tex has been discontinued.

The Merrell Monarch Gore-Tex is not available from the stores we monitor.