Merrell Thermo Arc 6 Waterproof

These are great winter boots. Very comfortable with…

Price Paid: $45 (new w/o box off ebay)

These are great winter boots. Very comfortable with great traction. They are warm, but don't make your feet feel like they're burning. They are pretty light weight for a winter boot and almost feel like a regular hiking boot.

I hiked around in them for 10 days in 15-30 degrees with snow and they did awesome. I've used them on VERY steep terrain and I only slipped once, which was when I was crossing a creek and hit an icy rock. My foot that stepped in the creek still stayed warm until I got back to camp.

They are waterproof as far as rain/snow/shallow puddles/streams, but when the fur got wet from the creek it sucked the water right up to the inside of the boot. They're also cute enough to where around in the winter when the temps are cold or there's snow on the ground.

One complaint, my feet did get a little sore in them when I walked about 4-5 miles on a dirt road, but I don't think that's what these are intended for.

I ski patrol and wanted a pair of boots to wear around…

Use: Every day outside winter/cold weather use
Break-in Period: Ready to wear

I ski patrol and wanted a pair of boots to wear around the resort when not skiing. These boots are great. This boot feels like a hiking boot with better winter traction. Warm but not hot, comfortable, easy to get on and off with this type of laces.

I use them for work going in and out of my car. They are especially good in cold Wisconsin winters when it has just snowed.

Even though I don't like "froo-froo" shoes, the fake-fur around the top makes them look cute... I've had many compliments.

Merrell Thermo Arc 6 Waterproof

The Thermo Arc 6 Waterproof has been discontinued.

The Merrell Thermo Arc 6 Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 7, 2012 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.