I bought these sandals to wear backcountry canoe camping…

Materials: velcro, leather,
Use: canoe camping
Break-in Period: none
Price Paid: $74 + tax, on sale

I bought these sandals to wear backcountry canoe camping on the last weekend of the summer. I was excited to have a replacement for hiking boots that I could use on land and in water.

As soon as I got them wet the velcro on the heel straps let go. This turned the shoe into a slip-in sandal, that didn't even fit very well no matter how tight I pulled the foot straps across the front, my foot slid around inside especially when wet.

I ended up using a shoe lace to "lace" up the back, as no matter how much you pushed on the velcro heel straps, they just wouldn't stay closed. A Total waste of money.

I have the Women's Waterpro Gange. All I can say is,…

I have the Women's Waterpro Gange. All I can say is, you probably should just stay aware from the entire "Waterpro" Series.

I wore mine for the first time on the camping trip. The heel straps came undone every few steps (quite annoying). I wasn't even wearing them in the water. I actually had to put them away and wear my $10 Walmart flipflops instead. How's that for performance?!

Merrell Waterpro Gange

The Waterpro Gange has been discontinued.

The Merrell Waterpro Gange is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 5, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new sport sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016