User Review: MontBell Monoframe Shelter Diamond
Source: bought it used
Price Paid: $125 used
- Fly and center pole can construct a livable structure alone.
- Lightweight at 2.5lbs
- Large tunible venting even when raining.
- Form of tent body to a diamond takes away some livable space.
- Cramped if a broad individual.
I was looking for a lightweight 3-season backpacking tent and the Montbell Monoframe Diamond is just that. I camped in 20 degree to 50 degree weather, had only one night of condensation that I didn't dial in on the awning with the large venting hole.
Plenty of room with a length of 9 ft by 4 inches in a diamond shape. Highest peak 3 ft 6 inches tall, enough to sit up and dress.
- Weight: 2.3 lbs
- Weight (fly and poles only): 1.5 lbs
- Capacity: 1-2 in an emergency
- Vestibule: 1
- Floor: 24 sq ft
- Floor size: 4' 11" x 9'10"
- Peak height: 3' 6"
- Room height: 3'4"
- Packed size: 10" x 4.7"
Body: 15 Daneer ballistic ripstop Nylon.
Fly: 40 Daneer High density Nylon Taffeta wiuth 2000mm, waterprooof poly coating
30 Daneer Polyester ripstop 1500mm waterproof coating.
Poles DAC featherlite
8.8mm aluminum base alloy 7001
Tent body has a mesh door for bug prooof ventilation.