MontBell Twilight

I bought the Twilight on an impulse at the MontBell…

Design: Mummy
Fill: ExceLoft
Temperature Rating: 40-50° F
Weight: 2lbs 8oz.

I bought the Twilight on an impulse at the MontBell clearance sale, and the first time I used it I thought I had made a mistake. My notoriously inaccurate thermometer said the temp was in the high thirties (It was probably more likely in the mid 40's) and I was cold. I had always thought of myself as a warm sleeper. But the next time I used the bag, it was perfect. I was camping on San Miguel island, nighttime temperatures were in the mid 50's and I was very comfortable.

Admittedly, this was not a difficult test for the bag, but since it was synthetic I wasn't quite so worried that my bag would get wet on the boat ride to the island. The bag uses "elastaquilt" construction which means the interior of the bags is snugged with elastic around your legs. The bag has a snugger cut than my Sierra Designs down bag, but I foud I had sufficient room. It's very light and stuffs down to the size of a two liter soda bottle with little trouble. It seems well constructed, though the cord-lock on the hood's draw cord is a bit difficult to work. All-in-all it's a good bag for warm conditions where moisture may be a problem, and it can be a good deal since they are being closed out at sale prices.

MontBell Twilight

The Twilight has been discontinued.

The MontBell Twilight is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.