MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5

At first I didn't see the need to own a super light…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 fill down (90% goose down, 10% goose feather)
Temperature Rating: 40 deg Farenheight
Weight: 18 ounces

At first I didn't see the need to own a super light sleeping bag. After moving to Northern Virginia and spending a few warm summer nights in the wilderness, my 3lb+ 15 degree sleeping was too hot and uncomfortable to sleep in.

After doing a lot of research and finding the best deal, I came across the MontBell U.L. S.S. Hugger. Before I even hit the trail, I was extremely impressed by the stuff size. This sleeping bag is literally the size of a Nalgene 32 oz water bottle, about 1/6 the size of my 15 degree bag.

After a long humid hike to the camp site, I had my first night in the Hugger. The temperature was a steady 65 degrees. I slept great; not too hot or too cold.

It is thinner for obvious reasons, so having a comfy sleeping pad is a must. I use a Z-Rest which is perfect for myself, but would recommend an air mattress for those who aren't comfortable sleeping on rocky/bumpy ground.

MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5

The U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5 has been discontinued.

The MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 17, 2014 at

If you're looking for a new warm weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?