I picked up these shoes last summer because I do a…

Use: long distance (20mi+/day) hiking/backpacking, trail running.
Break-in Period: for me, none.
Weight: light

I picked up these shoes last summer because I do a lot of long distance hiking/backpacking and some trail running. Hands down a great pair of shoes. They fit like a glove as soon as I put them on and didn't even have to walk them in. I spent seven months working and playing in Yosemite NP and 3 months in S. America; they've held up fantastically. It hasn't been until now, a year later, that they have lost most of their arch/heal support and started loosening at the seams. They're light and breathable. They dry fast after hiking through streams.

The only con is that I slipped a few times wearing them on wet granite, not the best traction. Otherwise fantastic shoes, I just ordered another pair.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Hardrock versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Hardrock. Read all reviews »