I picked up these shoes last summer because I do a…

Use: long distance (20mi+/day) hiking/backpacking, trail running.
Break-in Period: for me, none.
Weight: light

I picked up these shoes last summer because I do a lot of long distance hiking/backpacking and some trail running. Hands down a great pair of shoes. They fit like a glove as soon as I put them on and didn't even have to walk them in. I spent seven months working and playing in Yosemite NP and 3 months in S. America; they've held up fantastically. It hasn't been until now, a year later, that they have lost most of their arch/heal support and started loosening at the seams. They're light and breathable. They dry fast after hiking through streams.

The only con is that I slipped a few times wearing them on wet granite, not the best traction. Otherwise fantastic shoes, I just ordered another pair.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Hardrock versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Hardrock. Read all reviews »

Montrail Women's Hardrock

The Women's Hardrock has been discontinued.

The Montrail Women's Hardrock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016