Moss Tents Big Dipper

Great, strong tent, has served me for 20 years. I…

Summary

Great, strong tent, has served me for 20 years.

Pros

• Bombproof construction
  • Never leaked
  • Big vestibule

Cons

• Weight

I bought this tent in 1995, and it has seen over 100 nights of use, backpacking with friends (it fits four adults easily), Scouts, etc. The vestibule is huge, the materials first class, holds up to strong winds no problem.

Setup is OK once you get used to it, with color-coded pole sleeves. It vents well with two doors and lots of screen.

Overall, just a classic tent I've never regretted purchasing. I use a bivy now for backpacking, but I'll keep this big boy.

Welcome to Trailspace, David. It sounds like your Moss tent has served you well. I'd love to see some pictures of yours in your review.

Moss tents are the best ever made in my opinion. Used…

Price Paid: $650 on sale

Summary

Moss tents are the best ever made in my opinion. Used in Colorado and Montana.

Pros

• Durability
  • Weatherproof
  • Soothing color schemes

Cons

• Heavy

I now own three different Moss Tents, from the Solus 1-man to the Starlet and Big Dipper. These tents are the 'Rolls Royce' of tents.

My 5 person family used the Big Dipper many, many times. We once had a very windy cold wet night although we were totally comfortable inside playing cards and games. Leaks are unheard of. We woke up with 4" of snow on the fly and didn't even realize it. They are bombproof and super durable.

Since it's now 2013 and they are still good as new, the materials were first rate. They are on the heavy side but will last and last. We love them.

One thing people don't realize is how the color scheme affects your moods. Red, cream and tan turned out to be very cheery, comforting and soothing.

One of the finest tents made, although somewhat heavy…

Price Paid: @$600

Summary

One of the finest tents made, although somewhat heavy for backpacking. I have owned one for many years and it still functions better than new ones on market.

Pros

• bombproof

Cons

• takes a little time to set up

Would recommend to anyone interested in a 4-season tent.

Best tent I've ever used. Hands down.

Design: 4 season dome
Ease of Setup: easy

Best tent I've ever used. Hands down.

Moss Tents Big Dipper

The Moss Tents Big Dipper is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.