User Review: Moss Tents Outlook
Design: 3 season modified dome
Ease of Setup: moderate - full coverage sleeves require more time than clips
Weight: 6 lbs, 12 oz.
Price Paid: $400
- excellent quality, usual high standards for Moss with great waterproofing. Haven't been wet yet, although I have yet to experience an all day downpour in it.
- upper mesh allows more ventilation, views without fly
- door opens to side (most Moss tents open towards floor, which requires a little more care in keeping it clean.)
- floor plan is excellent for a solo tall hiker...I am 6'3" and sleep comfortably between the end points with room for the pack to spare.
- lightweight aluminum poles (7075) fold to a nice short length...easier to pack.
- storage bag is a bit oversized, making it much easier to pack.
- sleeved poles of varying length require a bit more setup time; they improved on this with the Triton by making the sleeves continuous and all poles the same length. (It would be nice if they made sleeves continuous on earlier models.)
- vestibule needs to be bigger if squeezing two inside.
- on the heavy side for solo hiking options.
Where to Buy
The Moss Tents Outlook is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
US | Canada | UK | Aus
Or you may want to check for a dealer list or direct sales on the Moss Tents website.
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.