Mountain Hardwear Canyon Pant

These are my "Go To" pants. I like them so much I…

These are my "Go To" pants. I like them so much I bought another color. The seamless waistband is very comfortable. The pants are loose but not baggy. The drawstrings at the bottom allow the pants to be drawn snug to protect against elements, bugs or just to fit the footwear I have on from Keen sandals to cowboy or hiking boots. Dry really quick. My inseam is 30" and fit perfect, maybe a little long but the drawstring is the equalizer on sizing.

Living in the desert SW, they keep quite cool and dry fast. I took to a snow climate with a mid weight base layer and stayed warm. If I could not wear dress shorts at work, I would wear these every day.

I wore one pair exclusively for a two week Yellowstone trip. I figured they would be stained from all the dirt, mud, fish guts and food that I wiped on them but I can wear them today in a nice restaurant with no worry's.

I used to wear Ex Officio Amphib Pants with the underwear liner but the pants got too baggy after a day of wear and I would get a rash.

I seldom believe a claim that something can be worn in the field and then out on the town, but these deliver. With all the restrictions on luggage weight, I can pack two pair of these and never have to pack another pair of pants.

After 3 backpacking trips, these pants developed a…

After 3 backpacking trips, these pants developed a split down my backside. The stitching simply ripped out.

Maybe they're good for using around the town, but for use outside, you'll want something a lot sturdier.

When I miss hiking (in the off season) I sometimes eat PB & J on a wrap and scarf down some trail mix. Ahhh!

- GearX.com refers to the men's version

When you're trekking your way through Weka Pass in New Zealand to take a gander at some Maori rock art, do it in comfort and style with the Canyon Pant from Mountain Hardwear. Move through brush without getting it stuck to your socks thanks to the drawcord cuff while the breathable fabric allows moisture to evaporate from your body before it can accumulate as sweat.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

This pant is fast-drying and lightweight so they are perfect for hiking, traveling or whatever outdoor activity you choose. It combines a clean construction with an unlined low profile waist to minimize weight. The practical drawcord cuffs minimize dirt and grit penetration.

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

The Canyon Pant by Mountain Hardwear is a pant made for hiking, backpacking, trekking or really any activity that takes you on the trail and outside. Made with MHW's exclusive Canyon Cloth, you get a pant that allows moisture in the vapor phase to escape before it becomes sweat. This is key in the areas like your waist band so you don't get chafing from the pack movement while you hike. The Canyon Pant is incredibly versatile with its adjustable drawcord cuff, low profile waist with adjustable webbing belt and an unlined, seamless conical waist for extreme comfort.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Designed specifically for hiking, the Mountain Hardwear(R) Canyon Pants are durable and lightweight. They feature a seamless conical waist to eliminate bunched fabric and pressure points caused by packs.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Mountain Hardwear Canyon Pant

The Canyon Pant has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Canyon Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.