Mountain Hardwear Monkey Woman Jacket

warm fleece with dumb pocket on front. It is a average…

Summary

warm fleece with dumb pocket on front.

Pros

• warm
  • washes & dries well

Cons

• not wind proof

It is a average fleece jacket. Will stand up to pack rub, but the pocket on the front is virtually useless and looks funny in most colors. Most women over 32" bust will never use it. The fit is a bit boxy but layers well. Water beads and shakes off well. Average on breathability.

I love this jacket, but only for specific uses. I…

I love this jacket, but only for specific uses. I can't give it 5 stars, because, well, it doesn't do every job -- the thing is not windproof or waterproof. You *do* need to wear either an outer shell or a windproof layer underneath if you are going outside to hike/ride/sport/play in windy weather.

But! The lovely Monkey Woman Jacket is a great outer piece for fall/spring and a nice layer in winter... it's very snuggly, soft, warm, and I love the big pockets, and the wrists (extra non-fleece fabric which hugs softly around your wrists to keep air from flowing up loose arm sleeves). The collar is also a big deal for me with jackets. I like the way it looks zipped up, keeping my neck warm but not choking me.

Ladies, if you're looking for a shape-flattering jacket (really nice trim and lines) I'd give this one 3.5 of 5 stars. The Monkey Woman by Mountain Hardwear is the only successful jacket to use this thick and fluffy kind of fleece--I've seen it reproduced by other companies, and it just doesn't compare!

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Monkey Woman Jacket, please share your experience.