Mountain Hardwear Nickel Cigar

When I first purchased the bag it was extremely warm.

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard
Temperature Rating: 5 F
Weight: 5 lbs
Price Paid: Unknown

When I first purchased the bag it was extremely warm. I recall I was very comfortable at 13 degree's F while waiting in line (overnighter) for College football tickets. However after sleeping in it perhaps 15 times the bag did not perform as new. Spending a week at Smith Rock, OR I was actually colding in the morning when the temperature was in the high teens. I have never left this bag stuff for more than 24 hrs. The bag does not appear as lofty as the first night. I have since sold this bag and upgrade to a down/dry-loft bag.

I love my Mountain Hardwear bag. I've been using for…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard HV
Temperature Rating: +5 F

I love my Mountain Hardwear bag. I've been using for just over a year and a half and it still has just as much loft as when I bought it. It is a little bulky, but a good compression sack can squeeze it down nicely. I've never been cold in it even sleeping under the stairs in below 10 F weather. It is also extremely roomy. I have plenty of room to move around and get comfortable.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Nickel Cigar, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Nickel Cigar

The Nickel Cigar has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Mountain Hardwear Nickel Cigar is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.