Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitt

Comfortable, warm. I bought a pair of MH Nilas Down…

Price Paid: Don't remember

Summary

Comfortable, warm.

Pros

• Warm
  • Light

Cons

• A little large

I bought a pair of MH Nilas Down Mitts because it has 800 down. I have a few jackets with 800 and 850 down that I prefer to wear over other jackets. So I figure it might be as soft, comfortable, warm and light as my jackets. Indeed, they are.

At first, I was awed because they are a bit large, I even bought size S. Not until I skied with them then I think the big size is an advantage. Since it is so soft, I can make them stuck in the traps of the ski poles when I take my hands out to reach some thing in my pockets. Hand-free, just imagine. The temperature was the 10s in Breckenridge, Colo., today and my hands were toasty.

Ultra-light, warm, down filled mitt for alpine climbing.

- Mountain Hardwear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitt FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitt Easy to use single pull / quick release gauntlet adjustment blocks out elements Mitts are extremely lightweight and pack down small for storage inside a jacket pocket Extra long gauntlet fits over bulky jacket sleeves SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitt Average Weight: 6 oz / 170 g Body: Sensor Ripstop (100% polyester) Laminate: OutDry Waterproof Technology Insulation: 800-fill Goose Down

The Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitt are the answer for anyone who has cold hands. Whether you're summiting a peak or just walking Rover during the biting cold of winter these 800 fill down mittens will keep your fingers toasty. OutDry(R) Waterproof Technology, the OutDry(R) membrane is directly bonded to the glove's outer shell, eliminating the ability for wind and water to penetrate through the sewn seams of the shell, keeping hands warmer Insulated with our highest quality 800 fill down for extreme warmth Mitts are extremely lightweight and pack down small for storage inside a jacket pocket Extra long gauntlet fits over bulky jacket sleeves SimpleCinch one-handed guantlet closure with Cyberian cordlock seals out snow

- OMCgear

Keep your mitts warm on all your alpine climbing pursuits when you wear the Nilas Down Mitt from Mountain Hardwear. Insulated with nature's finest insulator, goose down, it traps warmth close without adding unnecessary weight. OutDry lamination means they're waterproof and totally windproof, so the elements can do their worst but your mitts will conquer.

- Mountain Gear

Snow-blasted summits offer no mercy to fingers and the climbers attached to them; cover those digits with the Mountain Hardwear Nilas Down Mitten and gain a strategic advantage over the punishing environment. This tough mitt's high quality 800-fill down and an OutDry membrane provide protection from the coldest, wettest conditions, because the weather changes much faster than you can downclimb.