Mountain Hardwear Phantom 15°

The number one advantage of this bag to me is the…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 fill down
Temperature Rating: +15 degrees Farenheight
Weight: 1lb 15oz

The number one advantage of this bag to me is the weight-to-warmth ratio. Of all the bags that I looked at for a trip in February to Alabama's Pinhoti Trail I found the weight of this one to be the best. I have a problem paying $300 or more for a bag that is over 2lbs.

The women's version of this bag is touted as 1lb 14oz (my scale says 1lb 15oz). It packs down incredibly small. Even though it is a woman's bag, I do not feel constricted at all (I am 5'8" tall, around 150lbs). I was comfortable in the bag to a temp of 17* with a mid weight base layer on and a silk liner.

The things I don't like about this bag are that the material it is made of is very thin. This hasn't caused a problem, but I can see how it would need very careful handling. Also, I have noticed that every time I use it several feathers get out in the tent. This is to be expected to a degree, but I would prefer that fewer got out. I use my bags often, I can see how this could lead to a reduced insulating ability sooner than I would like.

All in all, I am happy with the bag. Its light weight is excellent for its ability to insulate. It compacts well. It requires careful handling to minimize feather loss and prevent damage to the light weight fabric.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Phantom 15° versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Phantom 15°. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Women's Phantom 15°, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Women's Phantom 15°

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Phantom 15° is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 8, 2014 at Mountain Hardwear.

Regular Long