Mountain Hardwear Power Stretch Zip T

Weight 11.2 oz / 317 g
Center Back Length 28 in / 71 cm
Body Fabric Polartec® Power Stretch®

I am 6'0", 175 lbs. and the size reviewed is a men's…

Fabric: Polartec Power Stretch

I am 6'0", 175 lbs. and the size reviewed is a men's large.

I originally found the Mountain Hardwear Power Stretch Zip T at a local outdoor store in a women's small while shopping with my girlfriend. I liked the fabric and the way it looked so I went home and ordered one online after purchasing one for her. It came in about a week later.

My initial impression was that it looked and felt like it was sure worth the money I paid for it. That soon changed when I put it on. WOW! It is easily worth twice the price I paid for it. It functions as well as it looks and feels. I love that it is reversible although I usually wear it with the fleece inside.

The Polartec Power Stretch is very soft and it even has some slight water repellency to it. I have worn the Power Stretch Zip T in everything from a continued freezing drizzle to the dead of winter and each and every time I was more than pleased with its performance.

Standing through a freezing drizzle watching a football game it kept me warm and didn't even get soaked. It kept me warmer under my Marmot Precip Jacket in sub-freezing temperatures than a buddy who had a $300 The North Face winter coat. I take this jacket every time I go backpacking or anytime I think it might just get cold enough to wear it. Since buying the Power Stretch Zip T I look for any excuse to wear it.

I love this jacket and have since ordered another just in case anything ever happens to my beloved Power Stretch Zip T.

Mountain Hardwear Power Stretch Zip T

$95.00 (men's)

The Mountain Hardwear Power Stretch Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 25, 2015 at

If you're looking for a new base layer top, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review