Mountain Hardwear Tempest SL Pant

I bought this suit b/c I sweat copiously when engaging…

Fabric: Conduit SL
Fill: fleece lined

I bought this suit b/c I sweat copiously when engaging in aerobic activity, even when it's less than 0 F. MH advertised it for just such a person. It delivers. I still do get some dampness, but not enough to be uncomfortable. I am generally dry, and quite warm. It is totally windproof. Weight was as quoted. The shell fabric does not stand up to bushwacking well. I already have a few small tears, but I don't think it was made for this. For high activity in windy, snowy environments, it is great.

Pros: Lightweight, full length side zips, silky soft…

Fabric: Rip-Stop Nylon w/Liner

Pros:

Lightweight, full length side zips, silky soft inner lining, drawcord on waist

Cons:

Price, no front/side pockets, Not very durable, (an unplanned sitting glissade on snow left the butt material stretched and ripped; a pine branch left three tears just above the knee, all of which allow water inside and is then distributed quickly)

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Tempest SL Pant, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Tempest SL Pant

The Tempest SL Pant has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Tempest SL Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 12, 2006 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new hard shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.