Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech Pant

The pants have pre-sewn velcro attachment points for…

The pants have pre-sewn velcro attachment points for suspenders, and I would say that MH should just provide the suspenders with the pants in the package. No one in my area stocks the suspenders and the velcro tabs are irritating to the skin. I may have mating velcro tabs sewn to my shirt tail.

I've been quite happy with these pants after I special-ordered…

Fabric: Fleece - gore windstopper

I've been quite happy with these pants after I special-ordered the pair of suspenders that are an option for them. The pants have pre-sewn velcro attachment points for these suspenders, and I would say that MH should just provide the suspenders with the pants in the package. They don't, so I had to find a way to special order them. Suspenders may not be necessary for everyone, but I really like them. I was psyched that MH provided the option for suspenders with these pants; but I was pissed that I had to jump through hoops to get them.

Aside from this issue, the pants are quite nice. Very well constructed from PolarTec Windstopper fabric with cordura reinforcements at the seat and knees. Full-length side zippers are provided. Two pockets are there to warm your hands.

I use them for winter climbing. One nice thing is that the windstopper fleece fabric itself is not slippery. I've noticed that self-arresting a slip on the snow is slightly easier with these pants on because they aren't as slippery as nylon fabric pants.

Although I've never been much of a fan of gore windstopper fabric for my other garments (I always feel a bit clammy in them, and they can be a bit loud and crinkly feeling), I've come to love these pants. I wear them a lot!

They are not waterproof; so they won't be much help in a full-on rain storm. But they shed snow, mist and light rain well; they are warm, windproof and provide decent breathability for winter hiking and climbing. If the weather gets truly awful, you can layer goretex pants or bibs right over these.

Highly recommended.

Windstopper fleece delivers. The jacket is bombproof…

Fabric: gore windstopper fleece
Price Paid: $200, 180, 120.

Windstopper fleece delivers. The jacket is bombproof in wind. Real Sierra wind on the Carson Pass. The pants are really nice, fit great and are super warm with tights underneath.

The vest is one MUST HAVE. It does so many things. My favorite is Skiing with the vest and a light fleece, good to 20F with no precip. Light, warm, this stuff really works.

Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech Pant

The Windstopper Tech Pant has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new fleece pant, check out the best reviewed current models.