Mountain House Granola with Blueberries & Milk

Weight 0.44 lb
Servings 2
Serving Size 1/2 cup

Took this breakfast on a week-long canoe trip. Was…

Summary

Took this breakfast on a week-long canoe trip. Was so impressed I immediately decided that Mountain House meals are the way to go for lightweight camping!

Pros

• Easy to pack
  • Tasty!!!

While on a week-long canoe trip this spring instead of cooking all of my food I decided instead to pack Mountain House meals along with some other freeze dried and dehydrated meals. This allowed me to travel so much lighter I have decided there's no way I will EVER go back to the old way for that trip!!!

This particular breakfast was surprisingly tasty and my only regret is that I didnt buy three more of them! The Granola Blueberries & Milk was so simple to prepare!!! Simply add cold water, let sit, then enjoy!

It was so filling that I didn't snack until lunch time. With the way it is packaged it is extremely easy to pack in and out as it takes up minimal room!!

I like them. It's a nice snack. Great taste, I was…

Summary

I like them.

Pros

• Great taste

Cons

• Never enough

It's a nice snack. Great taste, I was surprised how good it was.

Not too bad, the re-hydrated "milk" is tasty enough.

Not too bad, the re-hydrated "milk" is tasty enough. For a short trip, where weight isn't the biggest issue, I would say to pack it- but for a long haul, with weight being paramount, I would say that it would be better to "roll your own."

This meal taste great. It is loaded with calories…

This meal taste great. It is loaded with calories which makes it a good breakfast for the backcountry. But next time I think I will make my own, and save money.